Friday, March 28, 2008

In search of the perfect scarf...


If confused by the picture above I do apologise, this is here in lieu of a more relevant one, and dear reader, read on and all will become clear.

Scarves are the one thing that I made obsessively when I first learnt to knit, and so it follows that as I improved I moved on to more complicated fare. Still, recently I have been hunting high and low to find a really indispensable navy scarf (one of my absolute favourite colours, in spite of the school uniform!)

Anyway, inspired by a rash purchase today (which I will come to later) I have decided that I am going to make my own - using Debbie Bliss Cotton DK (my new favourite yarn), in moss stitch, hence the picture above.

Now, onto this picture above and today's rash purchase Baby Knits for Beginners, again, by the aforementioned Debbie Bliss. I didn't knit these, but have plans to, and lots of, as it seems that all of my friends are getting pregnant like there's no tomorrow. So, whilst technically not pregnant, nor with any immediate plans to be you can begin to see how this may have been a rash purchase. I put it down to the impending god-mother-hood. Am I taking this too seriously?

PS - this fine photo came courtesy of Something From Nothing, whom I believe are based in Oz.

No comments: